Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Confusion..

Hmm..where to start?
Well, I think people start going their separate ways sometimes. But does it have to be that way? I don't think so. I mean, I know people that have had friends since they were like babies. A few people from church have been friends since college. So why do some people stick and others don't? I mean, I see that like...Idk. Thats the thing....its all confusing. Like I have a friend that I think she and I are tight when we are with each other. But when we aren't or are just chatting on the phone or something, its like something isnt just right, an attitude is there from both of us and its not like it used to be. It's almost a backstabbing situation going on. I guess I've been seeing my need for God more so since this has been going on and I have a really close friend and a few others still. But still, I'm not gonna just let this relationship go down the drain...if I can help it anyway. I just wish we were as close as before. But...They don't seem to want that so I guess I have to accept that.
Parents...its that love/hate relationship we all have...I'll talk about that later...no time for that now...leave it...
..Mags..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally true! I have had a friend since we were babies. I can't remember ever being mad at her or fighting or anything. Ever since I moved I haven't been as close, but we are still really good friends. Same with another friend. She moved to NH and we don't talk hardly ever, we have had our rough times, but we've remained close through it all. On the contrary, there are friends that I were very close to when I was younger, but because of circumstances we no longer talk. I still like them, and hopefully they still like me, we just didn't keep up the communication when our social hangouts changed (for instance, church changes). I highly encourage you to keep pursuing the relationship unless there is a good godly reason (if she is a very bad influence, for instance) to let it take it's direction to an end. I really see no benefit to the friendships I had coming to an end. So, please learn from my mistake and pursue your friend until things get better or you're pretty sure God is telling you to let go.

I know this was long, but God has laid the topic of close, godly friendships on my heart later and so I just felt the need to encourage you to not go the direction I did, but rather fight to keep your friendship. It might not be easy, and it might hurt when she doesn't return the desire to keep your friendship strong, but if it's the Lord's will for you to remain close, this slow, "beginning to drift away" stage will just make you closer. In coming years you'll look back and realize you don't want to be in this situation again and it'll both keep you fighting to remain close, esp in the late high school and college years when your life gets instantly so much busier.


Again, sorry for the length. Hopefully you understand what I'm saying and it's not all just gibberish!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the comment! Made sense. It's not that I don't want this person as a friend terribly bad, but...yea. It's more of just a one sided friendship right now... So i dont wanna force a friendship...but anyway, we should finish this conversation somewhere else..haha...ttyl, bye!
Mag