Friday, May 4, 2007

PSALM 77! =]

PSALM 77:1-13:PLEASE READ!!!

1 I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.

2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint.
Selah

4 You kept my eyes from closing;
I was too troubled to speak.

5 I thought about the former days,
the years of long ago;

6 I remembered my songs in the night.
My heart mused and my spirit inquired:

7 "Will the Lord reject forever?
Will he never show his favor again?

8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
Has his promise failed for all time?

9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
Selah

10 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal:
the years of the right hand of the Most High."

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.

12 I will meditate on all your works
and consider all your mighty deeds.

13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So that is like the most amazing thing like ever...haha. No, but seriously, if you are going through a trial or rough time, you should seriously like memorize those verses. They are the most important things ever! I love them so much.
"i cried out to God for help"- This helps me remember HE is my source of hope and comfort, HE is who I cry out to.
"when I was in distress, I sought the Lord"- sorta the same thing. But he says when in DISTRESS. I try to remember to go to God ESP when in distress!
I like this...
"you kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak"-He realizes GOD gave him that trial, something I don't always see.
Then for a few verses he talks about I guess doubting God, questioning. But then he remembers the deeds of the Lord, how it is good. He considers the mighty deeds of God and meditates on his works!
He goes on to PRAISE God, during his trial.
Asaph=MAN OF FAITH!
He totally was trusting God, [a][m][a][z][i][n][g]

So anyway, any thoughts? Leave them please! Thanks Sarah for the idea of this Psalm, greatly appreciated!

≈Mags!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Not a prob, glad it encouraged you the way it did me. It was coincidental that right after suggesting you read it, the next day I think it was I was suppoed to read psalms 75-77 as part of reading through the Bible in a year plsn. It was so God. :)